Saturday, May 21, 2016

Suzanne Myers's "I'm From Nowhere"

Suzanne Myers was born in Philadelphia and grew up in Toronto, Canada. She is a graduate of Princeton University and USC Film School. Her feature film Alchemy won Best Feature at the SXSW Film Festival. She lives in Brooklyn with her husband, two sons, and dogs. She also rides and shows horses.

Here Myers dreamcasts an adaptation of her latest novel I'm From Nowhere:
Because I was a screenwriter and film director before I was an author, when I’m writing a new book, I do tend to “cast” it so that I have pictures in my mind as a starting point for the main characters. Sometimes what happens is that by the time the book comes out, the actors are too old to actually play those characters in the movie version, but I think it helps me.

Here’s how I would cast I'm From Nowhere:

Wren- Tavi Gevinson or Maisie Williams
Honor- Elle Fanning
Chazzy- Logan Lerman
Nick- Nicholas Hoult
Hannah- Kristen Wiig
Edward- Peter Sarsgaard
Visit Suzanne Myers's website.

Writers Read: Suzanne Myers.

--Marshal Zeringue