Saturday, March 14, 2015

Eileen Cook's "Remember"

Eileen Cook is a multi-published author with her novels appearing in eight different languages. Her books have been optioned for film and TV. She spent most of her teen years wishing she were someone else or somewhere else, which is great training for a writer.

Here Cook dreamcasts an adaptation of her latest novel, Remember:
I am horrid at this game because what I want to do is cast actors that I want to meet versus who may be best in the role. So while freely admitting I’m being biased, if Remember were made into a movie I would cast Benedict Cumberbatch as the father. He plays complicated characters well so I think he’d be perfect. I also desperately want to meet him.

For the main roles I would choose Josh Hutcherson to play Josh (total coincidence that they have the same first name, but it should make it easy for Josh to remember what part he’s playing) as he has the all American good guy kind of looks that would work well. Alex Pettyfer (from I Am Number Four) has a bit of the bad boy image that would go with Neil’s character, as the competing love interest. From the Hunger Games, I would choose Amandla Stenberg (Rue) as she has both the grace and strength that the character Win as Harper’s best friend requires and last, but not least, for the main character Harper I would choose Lily Collins from City of Bones.
Visit Eileen Cook's website, Facebook page, and Twitter perch.

The Page 69 Test: Year of Mistaken Discoveries.

Coffee with a Canine: Eileen Cook & Cairo.

The Page 69 Test: Remember.

--Marshal Zeringue