Thursday, May 31, 2012

Jessie Knadler's "Rurally Screwed"

Jessie Knadler is a writer whose articles and stories have appeared in publications ranging from the Wall Street Journal to Glamour. She is the coauthor of the preserving cookbook Tart and Sweet.

Her blog rurallyscrewed.com has been featured in Newsweek and French Elle and on Jezebel.com. She lives with her husband, her daughter, and a bunch of chickens in Lexington, Virginia.

Here Knadler dreamcasts an adaptation of her new book, Rurally Screwed: My Life Off the Grid with the Cowboy I Love:
My top pick to play the role of Jessie (that would be me) would be Kate Winslet, the pitch perfect blend of kookiness, warmth and intensity. Since there’s not a chance in hell this will ever happen (she’s only one of the best actresses on the planet and to my knowledge, doesn’t do romantic comedies), Emily Blunt, Drew Barrymore, Emma Stone and Charlize Theron could all do an equally bang up job. For the role of Jake, I can’t really think of an actor who could convincingly play him since so few seem capable of shedding their inherent glossy Hollywood patina, but I’ll go with Ryan Gosling since he played a believable soldier-slash-working man in The Notebook.
Learn more about the book and author at Jessie Knadler's website.

Writers Read: Jessie Knadler.

--Marshal Zeringue