Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Cara Black's "Murder at the Lanterne Rouge"

Cara Black is the author of the best-selling Aimée Leduc series. She lives in San Francisco with her husband and son and visits Paris frequently.

Her new novel, Murder at the Lanterne Rouge, is the 12th book in the Aimee Leduc Series.

Here Black shares her choice for one of the co-stars of an adaptation of the book:
I'm not sure who I'd like to play Aimée Leduc because there are so many stickthin, big-eyed, androgynous French actresses it would be hard to chose. But I definitely see the late, great actor Philippe Noiret, when I write the character of Morbier, Aimée's godfather and Commissaire. Basset hound eyes and grease stains on his tie and that sardonic grin. If I put him at a cafe table with Aimée they start talking and do all the work.
Learn more about the book and author at Cara Black's website.

The Page 69 Test: Murder at the Lanterne Rouge.

--Marshal Zeringue