Friday, March 12, 2010

Kristina Springer's "The Espressologist"

Kristina Springer has a Bachelor of Arts in English Education from Illinois State University and a Master of Arts in Writing from DePaul University. The Espressologist, her first novel, was published by Farrar, Straus, and Giroux in the fall of 2009.

Here she shares some ideas about the cast for a cinematic adaptation of The Espressologist:
I’ve always thought The Espressologist would make a super cute movie—as I wrote it, it kind of played out as a movie in my head. Though I have to say that I didn’t think of specific actors while writing.

Since, however, I’ve assembled my dream cast list: As the sweet and funny Jane: Selena Gomez from Wizards of Waverly Place. As the adorable and kinda goofy Cam: Cory Monteith from Glee. As best friend Em: Emma Roberts from Unfabulous. As arch enemy Melissa: Emily Osment from Hannah Montana. And finally, as the ever manipulative but hot frat boy Will: Taylor Lautner from Twilight.

Easy cast list to put together right?
Read an excerpt from The Espressologist.

Learn more about Kristina Springer and her books at her website and blog, and become a Facebook fan of The Espressologist.

Writers Read: Kristina Springer.

The Page 69 Test: The Espressologist.

--Marshal Zeringue